Staff Engineer (GPU Hardware)
As an experienced Hardware Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the leading experts within GPU technology.
Working within the ever-expanding GPU function, you will work closely with the block design teams, to create and implement new processes and methodologies to develop the latest/next generation GPUs.
The goal is to always deliver the best possible GPU products, and this is a true team effort where you will need to collaborate with multiple teams across architecture, model, design, implementation, and verification. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in GPU development from early conception through to final delivery.
- Assembly, testing and delivery of GPU HW roadmap products
- Creation and development of design methodology
- Top-level integration of RTL from design teams and debugging of complex functional and performance design issues
- Explore technologies and methodologies to improve GPU power, performance, and area
Required Skills and Experience
- Hardware description languages (System Verilog preferable)
- EDA simulators (Siemens, Synopsys, Cadence)
- Scripting for design automation using languages such as Python, Perl, JSON, Tcl, Make etc
- Version control and code review systems such as Git and Gerrit
- Continuous integration, preferably using Jenkins
Nice To Have
- GPU architecture
- SoC integration and debugging
- Understanding of front-end design flows
- Low power techniques and UPF
- Synthesis constraining and timing reports analysis
- Linting tools
- Design for Test (DFT), and Logic and Memory Built-In Self-test (LBIST and MBIST)
- Multi clock (CDC) and multi power domain designs, and clock and reset topologies.
* Hybrid working places are in place for this role, with 2 days onsite (Cambridge) required each week.