What makes a great Verification Engineer?
You know that you need to be technically strong, with the ability to understand constrained random and model-based verification, able to embed the latest hardware design, together with a problem-solving mindset and the ability to prioritise high value features.
Every organisation treats verification differently, our client sees Verification as a true specialism, and that is reflected in their standards and quality of work produced. They’re not interested in simple bug finding Verification Engineers, standards are high within the business, and continuous improvement is actively encouraged.
If you love verification and want to employ the latest hardware design and verification methodologies to develop complex and highly configurable hardware IP, then please read on!
What will I be doing?
You will play a pivotal role in specifying and developing new hardware verification testbenches for future generation hardware IP. Improving existing testbenches to increase performance, quality and efficiency. Together with identifying areas for improvement in processes and methodologies and advancing best-practises for hardware verification. Including:
Review and assess design changes from a verification complexity point of view.
Own the verification environment from investigation all the way to verification closure.
Develop, and improve SVA Formal testbenches.
Develop and improve the suite of SVA Protocol Checkers for Formal and Simulation use.
Work with engineering teams leading to high quality IP that works well in a complete system.
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience of architecting and implementing formal verification environments for complex IP module level designs.
- Property-based model-checking or Formal Property verification
- Experience of writing assertions using SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA) with industry leading formal tools e.g., Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys tools.
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details.
- Multiprocessing microarchitecture experience including knowledge of cache coherence and bus protocols e.g., AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI (Nice to have)
We would love to hear from Verification professionals from across the globe and will happily consider applications from candidates who require sponsorship. Both sponsorship and relocation support can be provided if required.