Principal Engineer DevOps Platforms
Our Client creates digital products and journeys for both internal and external customers. This role, working alongside DevOps platform engineering teams, is pivotal in providing the space for the teams to be creative in a safe, secure and efficient way.
Along with a competitive salary, this company offers a range of generous benefits options. The role can work out of offices in Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Belfast.
- Setting technical direction, aligned to architecture, for the DevOps platforms
- Ensuring the DevOps platforms are engineered to be ‘secure by design’, driving the implementation of security architecture, engineering solutions to security challenges of policy, decentralised controls, compliance, audit, actionable insights, and guard rails
- Leading on all proof-of-concepts and working with architecture on identifying the next technology of value
- Acting as a key contributor to the enterprise architecture, working with the enterprise architect and solution architects
- Advising the Digital Architecture leadership team on the engineering implications of strategic decisions
- Running a lead engineer group within the DevOps platform teams
- Effective communication across engineering and IT leadership roles at all levels
- Ability to coach engineers one-to-one and in groups to help develop talent at all stages
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices across the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of modern CI/CD across multiple programming languages, frameworks, and delivery methods
- A strong and practical understand of security in areas of application security (code) and CI/CD pipelines
- A good understanding of cloud native and modern applications including infrastructure-as-code and GitOps, experience of Terraform, Kubernetes and AWS highly desirable
- Familiarity with the common and key technologies used across design, build, test, and release of software.
- 12+ years’ experience of IT with a focus on engineering, at least 7 years in a developer or engineer role. Experience of SRE desirable
- Direct leadership experiences are desirable but not essential, but general leadership skills are required
- 5-10 years’ experience of CI/CD, preferably building solutions for other engineers
- Must have 7-10 years’ experience of the common types of tool/technology used across software pipelines