IoT Senior Product Manager
Our client is looking for a dynamic, experienced candidate to take on the role of the IoT Senior Product Manager. Could you be the one they’re looking for?
You will be reporting to the Director of Lifecycle Management, and will own a Service (Product) Family. Working closely with cross-functional teams you will lead the product development lifecycle for a Service Family. You will be accountable for developing and executing the product/service strategy, defining the product/service vision, Roadmap and long-term goals aligned to the Business and Development Plan.
This role includes
- Leading the day-to day running of the LCM processes and framework across the operational team and wider organisation. You will:
- Collaborate with the Technology function to develop and maintain the underpinning technical Roadmap(s)
- Collaborate with the Commercial function to oversee the contract pipeline and long-term commercial strategy.
- Collaborate with Operations to define and implement the in-life service model and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with Customer and Regulations to manage external stakeholder requirements.
- Acting as an owner and champion across the organisation for a specific product/service or portfolio of products/service which impact millions of homes and devices.
- Ensuring end-to-end decision making is efficient and effective intervening where necessary to achieve the best outcomes for customers and stakeholders.
- Participating and driving service governance, including acting as a point of escalation for the commercial, operational, technical and customer functions of the company.
- Product Management – Manage the product / service and the lifecycle from concept through to retirement through existing processes, policies, and tools. Be accountable to service governance board and operating committee for the end-to-end performance of the product/ service.
- Risk Management – Anticipate and manage risks related to the service through alignment with tech, commercial and customer to ensure effective running of the service.
- Communication – Keep stakeholders informed about the development of LCM using your influencing skills to bring them on the journey with you.
- Collaboration – with multiple stakeholders in order to achieve service success.
- Industry Insight and Knowledge – Remain abreast of the wider industry and ensure ideas are being adapted and evolved to cater to the changing needs of stakeholders.
Skills and Experiences Essential
- Previous senior experience in lifecycle management, product management or/and service ownership roles in Tier 1 telecommunications.
- Demonstrable experience delivering products or services, including organising and prioritising work for your product / service to ensure value driven outcomes.
- The ability to identify and solve problems, think critically and come up with creative solutions; weighing the pros and cons of different options and make the best decision for the SF.
- Experience in understanding customers’ needs and using these to continuously improve a service or product.
- Experience of being a highly visible and impactful leader who is comfortable working with ambiguity and change. You must be able to effectively guide and motivate teams, including suppliers, drive collaboration and foster a positive work culture.
- Excellent communication skills and someone who influences and gains trust to foster collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Comfortable with senior and executive leadership.
- Strong background of operating in a technical and regulatory led environment.