Principal Engineer, DevOps Platforms
We’re searching for an accomplished, skilled Principal Engineer who is passionate about building and managing the tools and platforms that power innovation. Interested? Read on!
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer to join their team. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in building and maintaining the digital tools and platforms that power their organisation. You’ll work with a team of world-class engineers to develop and implement innovative solutions, helping them to deliver better products and services to their customers.
- Set the technical direction for DevOps platforms, aligned with architecture.
- Ensure that DevOps platforms are engineered to be secure by design, driving the implementation of the security architecture, and engineering solutions to security challenges.
- Be a key contributor to the enterprise architecture, working with the enterprise architect and solution architects.
- Work side by side with the senior manager(s) to provide professional development of engineers, define, adopt, and improve SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) practices, and drive a relentless pursuit of automation and efficiency.
- Advise the Digital Architecture leadership team on the engineering implications of strategic decisions.
- Run a lead engineer group within the DevOps platform team(s) – bringing together and sharing best practice, opportunities for reuse, etc.
- Provide challenge, ideas, and critique to the product owner(s) for the services offered from the DevOps platform.
Skills and Experience
- 12+ years’ experience of IT with a focus on engineering, at least 7 years in a developer or engineer role. Experience of SRE desirable.
- Direct leadership experiences are desirable but not essential, but general leadership skills are required.
- 5-10 years’ experience of CI/CD preferably building solutions for other engineers.
- 7-10 years’ experience of the common types of tool/technology used across software pipelines: from design, develop, build, test, and release.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes