Senior Technical Solutions Architect
We’re searching for the right candidate for this exciting new role – could you be the person we’re looking for?!
In this role, you will own and assure the design, delivery and optimisation of a wide range of customer facing IoT projects through the creation of an IoT/Sensor ecosystem and the ongoing enrichment of the organisations Data Platform. Develop a comprehensive approach to ensure that the technical solutions and services work effectively together to deliver customer requirements on time and to budget.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the business development team and work in partnership with customers to define requirements documentation and agree performance specifications to provide compelling IoT solutions in commercial proposals.
- Support business development activities by analysing technical solutions for new wireless services/applications including in Small Cells, IoT / low power sensor networks, IP and Cloud connectivity.
- Alongside business development, identify and develop pro-active IoT and data use cases that can be deployed across the client’s current and future customer base.
- Selecting, testing, and onboarding Sensors (IoT/M2M) – cellular based and LoRaWAN based technology.
- Support the installation, configuration, and optimisation of our client’s Project assets through knowledge sharing and hands-on activities
- Drive productisation processes for the existing and future IoT solutions, working with cross functional teams including in-house and partner organisations
- Provide on call support and guidance for the Operations team as they mobilise from start up to business delivery.
- Be aware of IoT industry trends and solutions, and how they could be commercialised for the client and its customers.
Required skills and experience include
- Eng/M.Eng in Communications or Computing – preferred but not mandatory
- Possess strong commercial & business acumen, with high levels of integrity, professionalism and a commitment to results.
- Understanding of structured sales processes and formal RFP processes.
- Understanding of engineering and product management processes, costs and typical pricing models.
- Understanding of wireless technologies such as 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Strong background in Network Engineering and Architecture with a particular focus in security and high availability, large‐scale environments
- Proven experience working on 5G Private Network architectures, WiFi or LoRaWAN deployments for enterprise.
- In depth knowledge of IP networking, architecture and core technologies
- Experience of data analytics, reporting and monitoring – experience with Azure (IoT Central, Synapse, PowerBI) highly preferred